Friday, September 3, 2010

Interview With Lily Chiam



THE INTERVIEW:


1) How old were you when you knew you could sing?

At 1 year old, I could sing and I started playing the mini piano at 6 months old.



2) Who encouraged you to sing?

No one, I just love to sing and play music.



3) How would you describe your voice?

2nd soprano



4) What do you fear the most?

Skiing down the mountain



5) Which singers do you admire?

David Foster, Michael W. Smith and Michael Jackson



6) What would your motto be?

You are the architect of your dreams and you can achieve them! ~ Lily Chiam



7) What characteristic do you dislike about yourself?

Get bored too fast..



8) What is your favourite piece of music?

Interesting chords progressions, modulations and innovative musical arrangements.



9) Describe yourself in three words:

“make dreams happen”



10) If you went to the moon, what would you take with you?



It depends:

If I want to return to earth, I’ll bring a spaceship to return to earth.



If I decide to stay on the moon, I will bring an auditorium packed with my favourite artistes and audiences to play and listen to music forever and ever. =)



11) If you weren't a singer, what would you be?

I sing, but I love being a pianist and composer more.

If I’m not a musician, I rather be a highly motivating speaker.



12) What is the best advice you've been given, and who gave it?

When my mum asked me to stretch out my right hand so that I could look at my 5 fingers. She said, “Everyone is unique. Nobody is the same. See.. even your fingers do not have the same length.”



13) What gives you satisfaction in your work?

When the work involves multitudes and has impacted and inspired many lives.



14) What is your favourite role?

To see many encouraged and inspired.



15) What would you like to achieve musically, and why?

To spearhead a musical heritage like no other.

Because I know this is my calling and purpose.



16) How would you like to be remembered?

a. Lily has written the extraordinary fast track beginner musical curriculums, the EMGenius and EMFun musical courses for the world. She strongly thinks that EVERYONE has to be able to identify the 7 musical tones Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So La and Ti like the 26 alphabets and numbers. Music is more important than ABC or 0 -9 because it touches your heart and soul.



b. Lily has provided platforms, trained and worked with many budding artistes to make nations proud.



c. Lily thinks “you can do it!”.



17) What was the worst criticism ever received as an artiste?

“You can’t earn a good living if you are a musician.”

No comments:

Post a Comment