Monday, January 10, 2011

Local Artistes Do Brunei Proud On Stage

Sri Nazrina and Fiq


Fiq


Sri Nazrina
 Local artiste Sri Nazrina Hj Johari and Mohamed Fikri bin Abdullah aka Fiq have done Brunei proud on stage at the 2nd Asean Golden Melodies Festival held in Vietnam from January 2 to 9.

Sri Nazrina who was the first runner-up in 2004 Valentine won the Golden award in the Pop Category with her song `Bleeding Love' from Leona Lewis. She also walked away with a cash prize of US$1,500 while Fiq won a bronze award in Folk Category with his song 'Di bawah Pohon Ceramai' for which he took home US$500.

Both artistes touched down safely with their manager for the competition Norhayati binti Hj Mohd Nor and backup vocalist Siti Nor Suriana Hj Mohd Nor who won the Golden Voice Award of Asean in 1998.

Sri Nazrina who won an international singing award for the first time said, "It's like a -dream. It's the biggest competition I have ever participated in and I managed to grab the golden award. It was a good experience, all the competitors were really good."

About the choice of her song 'Bleeding Love', the 30-year-old singer said, "I chose the song because it is my favourite song and it is sung by my favourite singer Leona Lewis."

With the award, she hopes to continue to compete in other international competitions to see how far she can go to challenge herself.

Meanwhile, Fiq said in a separate interview, "I am very happy and proud to be able to raise Brunei's image on stage. This is also my first award in an international competition. I have learnt a lot of valuable lessons during the competition from the participating singers and the bronze award will be an inspiration for me to further improve my career."

The manager of both artistes Norhayati said, "It was a very tough competition and I am proud that both Bruneian artistes came through."

Present to receive the talented young artistes were their family members and friends at the Brunei International Airport..

No comments:

Post a Comment